RAINHAM & DISTRICT BADMINTON LEAGUE
CONSTITUTION - 2010/11
1. The name of the League shall be the Rainham & District Badminton League (hereinafter referred to as the “League”).
2. Membership of the League shall be open to all clubs in the County of Kent within a 13 mile radius of Rainham.
3. The affairs of the League shall be governed by a Committee consisting of a Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, Honorary Fixture Secretary and four other members. No more than three members from any one club should serve together on the League Committee at any one time.
4. The Committee shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting and shall serve until the following Annual General Meeting. The name(s) of the proposing club or clubs shall be disclosed at the Annual General Meeting for each nomination to the Committee.
5. The Annual General Meeting of the League shall be held not later than the month of June each year at a venue to be decided by the Committee.
6. An Extraordinary General Meeting of the League shall be held if the Committee receives a written request signed by not less than six member clubs. Such Extraordinary General Meetings shall be held within thirty days of receipt of a valid request.
7. The Committee shall give fourteen days written notice to all member clubs of all General Meetings.
8. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt additional members to cover vacancies arising during the term of office of that Committee.
9. The Committee shall have the power to appoint such sub-committees as they deem necessary and may delegate any or all of their powers to such sub-committees.
10. Four members of the Committee, one of whom shall be the Chairman, Honorary Secretary or Honorary Treasurer, shall form a quorum for the purpose of transaction of the business of the League provided that written notice of a Committee Meeting has been sent to all Committee members.
11. All decisions of the Committee shall be binding on all member clubs and their members.
12. All matches and tournaments held under the jurisdiction of the League shall be played in accordance with the Rules and Laws of the Badminton Association of England.
13. All member clubs shall be entitled to send delegates to General Meetings of the League, but each member Club shall have only one vote.
14. All League monies shall be banked in the name of the League at a bank and branch convenient to the Honorary Treasurer for the time being, and all cheques shall be signed as per resolution of the League.
15. The accounts of the League, together with books and records, shall be closed on 31st May each year, and shall be audited and presented to the Annual General Meeting for approval.
16. The Annual Subscription of the League shall be set at the Annual General Meeting of the League and shall be payable to the Honorary Treasurer by 1st September each year.
17. Proposals for additions or amendments to League Rules shall be submitted in writing to the Honorary Secretary not later than 30th April each year for submission to the following Annual General Meeting of the League. Such additions or amendments shall be incorporated into the League Rules with the agreement of a majority of member clubs present at an Annual General Meeting.
18. Proposals for additions or amendments to the Constitution of the League shall be submitted in writing to the Honorary Secretary not later than 30th April each year for submission to the following Annual General Meeting of the League. Such additions or amendments shall be incorporated into the Constitution of the League with the agreement of a two-thirds majority of member clubs present at an Annual General Meeting